A Celebration of Art and Impact
Join us Thursday, June 16th for an evening of extraordinary speakers, film, and performance, as we recognize artists, activists, and business leaders who are making a profound impact on the world.
Reignite your passion for art and social change, and spend an evening with artists, Nobel-Prize-winning activists, and like-minded collaborators in the entertainment industry.
The evening starts at 6:30 pm with an elegant reception, followed by an inspiring program of speakers, performances, and films.
Entertain. Inspire. Activate.
Join us as we honor Glenn Gainor of Sony Pictures Screen Gems, for his inspiring mission to reduce the carbon footprint of feature production, Amnesty International’s Marvin Bing, for his extraordinary work with “Art for Amnesty,” plus Richard Walden, President of Operation USA (Nobel Peace Prize co-recipient) for raising over $400 million to fight disaster, disease, violence and endemic poverty.
We’ll showcase breathtaking artists like Indie Spirit Award nominee Aurora Guerrero and artist/activist Tani Ikeda (founder of imMEDIAte Justice), as well as live performances from HBO’s Amir Sulaiman — poet, recording artist, activist and newly appointed Harvard Fellow.
New pathways. New possibilities. Thursday Evening, June 16.
THE SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD
The evening culminates in the SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD, a year-long fellowship to help one great storyteller get their socially-relevant “dream project” off the ground.
Last Year’s Success Story
We are extremely proud to announce that the 2015 Social Impact Award winner, Royce Gorsuch, has just completed filming his debut feature film, The Mad Genius Project.
Royce won last year’s Social Impact Award for his short documentary, A Journey Home, about a foundation that brings traumatically injured US service people out to the streams of Montana, so they may find recreational therapy and tranquility.
Click below to attend this year’s awards, and support the next generation of Artist/Activists.
Social Impact Award-winner Royce Gorsuch directed the short documentary, A Journey Home. He is currently directing his first feature.
Get inspired. Make new connections.
SOCIAL IMPACT ARTISTS IN ACTION…
Millions of dollars raised for Social Justice… an extraordinary album on the shelves.
Housing for disaster victims in Haiti, India, Africa and the Philippines… a sustainable business for Dan and his investors.
Book published (A Visa to Hell) exposing the horrors of international sex trafficking, a rescue center in Haiti for victims of sex trafficking being built.
Other Recent Participants
- Richard Gladstein, Producer (Finding Neverland, The Bourne Identity)
- Jesse Deeter, Documentary Filmmaker (Who Killed the Electric Car?)
- Dr. Erik Noji, CDC, former Director of Emergencies & Refugees
- Ronnie Yeskel, Casting Director (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Curb Your Enthusiasm)
- Leila Feinstein, Lead Anchor for KTLA Evening News
- Nancy Greene-Keyes, Talent Agent & Casting Director (credited with “discovering” Angela Bassett, Samuel Jackson, Steve Buscemi)
- Jock Brandis, CNN Hero and Purpose Prize-Winner, founder of “The Full Belly Project,” and leading authority on sustainable technology
- Petro Dioni, Al Gore’s Current TV, Former executive (Italy)
- Jill Cutler, Longtime CAA Agent and former President of Winkler Films
- Aleksa Palladino, Actress (Boardwalk Empire)
- Michael Gregg Michaud, Artist, Photographer, and Author (best-selling novel Sal Mineo: A Biography)
COUNT ME IN!
I’m ready to get inspired, make new connections, and celebrate the breakthrough artists, activists, and business leaders who are making a difference at the Socical Impact Awards Reception and Gala.
Make a Day of It!
Experience a full-day of remarkable speakers, panels, and networking, designed to help get your impactful project or business out into the world at The Social Impact Conference and Expo.